Last Updated: October 24, 2018
THESE TERMS ARE NOT INTENDED TO AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW IN YOUR USUAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE. IF THERE IS A CONFLICT BETWEEN THOSE RIGHTS AND THESE TERMS, YOUR RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW WILL PREVAIL.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE YOU ARBITRATE ANY DISPUTES YOU HAVE WITH US AND YOU WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
The target audience for the Service, and its participants, is parents, parents-to-be, teenagers over the age of thirteen (13) and other adult members of families. The target audience for some of our Services may be parents of preschool age children (except for any specific kids section of a Service, which is meant for preschool age children and their parents to use together). If you are under the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, by using the Service, you acknowledge that your parents/guardians have consented to your use and to these Terms on your behalf, and you acknowledge and agree that your use of the Service is at their discretion. Until you are the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, your parents/guardians may ask us to modify, deny access to, or terminate your account and we may do so at their request at any time, for any reason, without notice or liability.
If You Want to Use the Service,
then carefully read these entire Terms (including all links to details), as they constitute a written agreement between you and us and they affect your legal rights and obligations. Each time you access and/or use the Service (other than to simply read these Terms), you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below) then posted. Therefore, do not use the Service if you do not agree. If you are under the age of majority in your province, state or jurisdiction of residence, you may use the Service only with involvement of a parent or guardian who agrees to these Terms and to be responsible for your use.
The business realities associated with operating the Service are such that, without the limitations that are set forth in these Terms, such as your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and the arbitration of certain disputes – we would not make the Service available to you.
- Service Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
- Content. The Service contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Wild Brain, and its products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, articles, posts, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, trade dress, logos, trade names, service marks, and/or trade identities of various parties, including those of Wild Brain (collectively, “Trademarks”); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively “Content”).
- Ownership. The Service (including past, present, and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Wild Brain, our licensors or certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Service (or any part thereof) and the Content (or any part thereof) , including any and all updates, modifications, adaptations, translations, customizations or derivative works of any of the foregoing, is the property of Wild Brain or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by domestic and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, or other intellectual property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Wild Brain owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content and the Service.
- Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and any Additional Terms, Wild Brain grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to: (i) download (temporary storage only), display, view, use, play, and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use to enable display and functionality) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, a “Device”) for your personal, non-commercial use only, and (ii) to use certain Content that we may from time to time make available on the Service explicitly for you for use as part of your User-Generated Content (defined below) (“Wild Brain Licensed Elements”), but only for such purposes as may be explicitly stated at the time that the Wild Brain Licensed Elements are made available on the Service; but we and our licensors and certain other third parties, as the case may be, retain ownership of such Wild Brain Licensed Elements. The foregoing limited license: (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, the Service (or any part thereof) or the Content (or any part thereof); and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in Wild Brain’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content and/or Wild Brain Licensed Elements, subject to certain Additional Terms.
- Rights of Others. When using the Service, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Wild Brain and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability. If you believe that your work has been infringed by means of an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then please see Section 5 below.
- Service and Content Use Restrictions
- Service Use Restrictions. You agree that you will not: (i) use the Service for any political or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising, soliciting funds, collecting product prices, and selling products); (ii) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any Trademarks; (iii) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Service that seek to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, bullying, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to Wild Brain; (iv) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Service source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Service; (v) engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to the Service or the proper operation of the Service, or otherwise causes harm to the Service, Wild Brain, or other users of the Service; (vi) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Service or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Service, the Content, or the User-Generated Content (defined below); (vii) harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information about other users of the Service, including email addresses, without the express consent of such users); (viii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means; or (ix) otherwise violate these Terms or any Additional Terms.
- Content Use Restrictions. You also agree that, in using the Service: (i) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Service by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (ii) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout); (iii) you will keep intact all Trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (iv) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors’ products, services, or brands; (v) you will not make any modifications to such Content (other than to the extent of your permitted use of the Wild Brain Licensed Elements, if applicable); (vi) you will not copy, modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works, translations or adaptations from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate or transfer to any third party or on any third-party application or website, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of Wild Brain or, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; (vii) you will not alter transmission data without Wild Brain’s consent; and (viii) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
- Availability of Service and Content. Wild Brain may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Service and Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in Wild Brain’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. We do not guarantee that our Service, or any Content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Service is permitted on a temporary basis. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Service and/or Content is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Service. These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Service. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Wild Brain and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Service for any purpose is prohibited.
- Opening and Terminating Accounts
In order to access or use some (or potentially all) of the features on the Service, you may be required to first register through our registration process that we make available through the Service. The Service’s practices governing any resulting collection, use, disclosure and management of your personal data are disclosed in our Privacy & Cookies Policy.
If you register for any feature that requires a password and/or username, then you will select your own password at the time of registration (or we may send you an e-mail notification with a randomly generated initial password) and you agree that: (i) You will not use a username (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else, may impersonate another person, belongs to another person, violates the intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or is offensive, and we may reject the use of any password, username, or e-mail address for any other reason in our sole discretion; (ii) You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete registration information about yourself in connection with the registration process and, as permitted, to maintain and update it continuously and promptly to keep it accurate, current, and complete; (iii) You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, password, and username whether or not you authorized the activity; (iv) You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your Device so that others may not access any password protected portion of the Service using your name, username, or password; (v) You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account, password, or username, or any other breach of security; and (vi) You will not sell, transfer, or assign your account or any account rights.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (of any kind and under any legal theory) to you or any third party arising from your inability or failure for any reason to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
If any information that you provide, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information that you provide, is false, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or violates these Terms, any Additional Terms, or any applicable law, then we may suspend or terminate your account. We also reserve the more general and broad right to terminate your account or suspend or otherwise deny you access to it or its benefits – all in our sole discretion, for any reason, and without advance notice or liability.
- Content You Submit and Community Usage Rules
- User–Generated Content.
(i) General. Wild Brain may now or in the future offer users of the Service the opportunity to create, build, post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise make available on or submit through the Service (collectively, “submit”) messages, avatars, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, responses, sounds, music, videos, information, content, ratings, reviews, data, questions, suggestions, personally identifiable information, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, but excluding Wild Brain Licensed Elements included therein, “User–Generated Content”). Wild Brain may allow you to do this through forums, blogs, message boards, contact us tools, email, and other communications functionality. Subject to the license you grant in these Terms, you retain whatever legal right, title, and interest that you have in your User-Generated Content and you remain ultimately responsible for it.
(ii) Non–Confidentiality of Your User–Generated Content. Except as otherwise described in the Service’s posted Privacy & Cookies Policy or any Additional Terms, you agree that: (a) your User-Generated Content will be treated as non-confidential – regardless of whether you mark them “confidential,” “proprietary,” or the like – and will not be returned; and (b) Wild Brain does not assume any obligation of any kind to you or any third party with respect to your User-Generated Content. Upon Wild Brain’s request, you will furnish us with any documentation necessary to substantiate the rights to such content and to verify your compliance with these Terms or any Additional Terms. You acknowledge that the Internet and mobile communications may be subject to breaches of security and that you are aware that submissions of User-Generated Content may not be secure, and you will consider this before submitting any User-Generated Content and do so at your own risk. In your communications with Wild Brain, please keep in mind that we do not seek any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or even suggested improvements to products or services, including, without limitation, ideas, concepts, inventions, or designs for music, websites, apps, books, scripts, screenplays, motion pictures, television shows, theatrical productions, software or otherwise (collectively, “Unsolicited Ideas and Materials”). Any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials you post on or send to us via the Service are deemed User-Generated Content and licensed to us as set forth below. In addition, Wild Brain retains all of the rights held by members of the general public with regard to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials. Wild Brain’s receipt of your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials is not an admission by Wild Brain of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair Wild Brain’s right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials.
(iii) License to Wild Brain of Your User–Generated Content. Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms (such as a contest official rules), which specifically govern the submission of your User-Generated Content, you grant to Wild Brain the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to access, use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, modify, adapt, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User-Generated Content (and any adaptations, translations, or derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User-Generated Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User-Generated Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or services. You understand that in exercising such rights metadata, notices and content may be removed or altered, including copyright management information, and you consent thereto and represent and warrant you have all necessary authority to do so. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to Wild Brain to your User-Generated Content, you also hereby grant to Wild Brain, and agree to grant to Wild Brain, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User-Generated Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User-Generated Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 4(A)(iii).
(iv) Exclusive Right to Manage Our Service. Wild Brain may, but will not have any obligation to, review, monitor, display, post, store, maintain, accept, or otherwise make use of, any of your User-Generated Content, and Wild Brain may, in its sole discretion, reject, delete, move, re-format, remove or refuse to post or otherwise make use of User-Generated Content without notice or any liability to you or any third party in connection with our operation of User-Generated Content venues in an appropriate manner. Without limitation, we may do so to address content that comes to our attention that we believe is offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, defamatory, threatening, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or to enforce the rights of third parties or these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms, including, without limitation, the content restrictions set forth below in the Rules (defined in Section 4(B)). Such User-Generated Content submitted by you or others need not be maintained on the Service by us for any period of time and you will not have the right, once submitted, to access, archive, maintain, or otherwise use such User-Generated Content on the Service or elsewhere.
(v) Representations and Warranties Related to Your User–Generated Content. Each time you submit any User-Generated Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside or are the parent or legal guardian, or have all proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to any User-Generated Content you submit, and that, as to that User-Generated Content: (a) you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property and other rights to the User-Generated Content, or you have a lawful right to submit the User-Generated Content and grant Wild Brain the rights to it that you are granting by these Terms and any Additional Terms, all without any Wild Brain obligation to obtain consent of any third party and without creating any obligation or liability of Wild Brain; (b) the User-Generated Content is accurate; (c) the User-Generated Content does not and, as to Wild Brain’s permitted uses and exploitation set forth in these Terms, will not infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party; and (d) the User-Generated Content will not violate these Terms (including the Rules) or any Additional Terms, or cause injury or harm to any person.
(vi) Enforcement. Wild Brain has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights to your User-Generated Content, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you grant us the right to protect and enforce our rights to your User-Generated Content, including by bringing and controlling actions in your name and on your behalf (at Wild Brain’s cost and expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint Wild Brain as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).
- Community Usage Rules. As a user of the Service, these Community Usage Rules (“Rules”) are here to help you understand the conduct that is expected of members of the Service’s online communities (“Communities”).
(i) Nature of Rules. Your participation in the Communities is subject to all of the Terms, including these Rules:
- Your User–Generated Content. All of your User-Generated Content either must be original with you or you must have all necessary rights in it from third parties in order to permit you to comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms. Your User-Generated Content should not contain any visible logos, phrases, or trademarks that belong to third parties. Do not use any User-Generated Content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own; this includes any content that you might have found elsewhere on the Internet. If anyone contributes to your User-Generated Content or has any rights to your User-Generated Content, or if anyone appears or is referred to in the User-Generated Content, then you must also have their permission to submit such User-Generated Content to Wild Brain (for example, if someone has taken a picture of you and your friend, and you submit that photo to Wild Brain as your User-Generated Content, then you must obtain your friend’s and the photographer’s permission to do so.).
- Speaking of Photos: No Pictures, Videos, or Images of Anyone Other Than You and Your Friends and Family. If you choose to submit photos to the Service, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, then make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know – and only if you have their express permission to submit it.
- Act Appropriately. All of your Service activities must be venue appropriate, as determined by us. Be respectful of others’ opinions and comments so we can continue to build Communities for everyone to enjoy. If you think your User-Generated Content might offend someone or be embarrassing to someone, then chances are it probably will and it doesn’t belong on the Service. Cursing, harassing, bullying, stalking, insulting comments, personal attacks, gossip, and similar actions are prohibited. Your User-Generated Content must not threaten, abuse, or harm others, and it must not include any negative comments that are connected to any prohibited grounds of discrimination such as race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical handicap. Your User-Generated Content must not be defamatory, slanderous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit.
- Do Not Use for Commercial or Political Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not advertise or promote a product or service or other commercial activity, or a politician, public servant, or law.
- Do Not Use for Inappropriate Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not promote any infringing, illegal, or other similarly inappropriate activity. User-Generated Content that constitutes “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, and other forms of solicitation, or the sending of commercial electronic messages is prohibited.
- Be Honest and Do Not Misrepresent Yourself or Your User–Generated Content. Do not impersonate any other person, user, or company, and do not submit User-Generated Content that you believe may be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company. Do not forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting or provide false or misleading representations in the sender information, subject line, locator, or content of any electronic message.
- Others Can See. We hope that you will use the Communities to exchange information and content and have venue appropriate discussions with other members. However, please remember that the Communities are public or semi-public and User-Generated Content that you submit on the Service within a Community may be accessible and viewable by other users. Do not submit personally identifying information (e.g., first and last name together, password, phone number, address, credit card number, medical information, email address, or other personally identifiable information or contact information) on Community spaces and take care when disclosing this type of information to others.
- Don’t Share Other Peoples’ Personal Information. Your User-Generated Content should not reveal another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, social security or social insurance number, credit card number, medical information, financial information, or any other personally identifiable information unless you have the individual’s consent to do so.
- Don’t Damage the Service or Anyone’s Computers or Other Devices. Your User-Generated Content must not submit viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, or any other technologies or malicious code that could impact the operation of the Service or any computer or other Device.
If you submit User-Generated Content that Wild Brain reasonably believes violates these Rules, then we may take any legally available action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion. However, we are not obligated to take any action not required by law. We may require, at any time, proof of the permissions referred to above in a form acceptable to us. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the User-Generated Content in question being removed from the Service.
(ii) Your Interactions With Other Users; Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others (e.g., when you submit any personal or other information) and in all of your other online activities.
- Alerting Us of Violations. If you discover any content that violates these Terms, then you may report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For alleged infringements of intellectual property rights, see Section 5 below.
- Procedure For Alleging Copyright Infringement
- CDPA/DMCA Notice. Wild Brain will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable laws (for example, in England and Wales the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (“CDPA”), and in the United States, the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)), as set forth below. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “CDPA/DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”;
(ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
(iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL or page of the Service on which the material appears);
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number and email address;
(v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury if you reside in the U.S. and in good faith and to the best of your knowledge if you reside in the EU, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
(vii) your electronic or physical signature.
Wild Brain will only respond to CDPA/DMCA Notices that it receives by mail, email or facsimile at the addresses below:
Wild Brain Family International Limited
183 Eversholt Street,
London NW1 1BU
Attn: CPDA/DMCA Agent
By email: email@example.com
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Wild Brain may elect to not respond to CDPA/DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Wild Brain may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA and/or the CDPA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a CDPA/DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting Wild Brain’s other rights, Wild Brain may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer’s access to the Service and any other website owned or operated by Wild Brain.
- Counter–Notification. If access on the Service to a work that you submitted to Wild Brain is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a CDPA/DMCA Notice, and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a CDPA/DMCA Counter-Notification to the addresses above. Your CDPA/DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “CDPA/DMCA Counter-Notification”;
(ii) a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL or page of the Service from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
(iii) a statement made by you, under penalty of perjury if you reside in the U.S. and in good faith and to the best of your knowledge if you reside in the EU, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your account;
(v) in relation to U.S. residents, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and in relation to EU residents, the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales; and
(vi) your electronic or physical signature.
Please note that the CDPA/DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If we receive a CDPA/DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the CDPA/DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the CDPA/DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Service. You should also be aware that we may forward the Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the CDPA/DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
- Notices and Questions
You agree that: (i) we may give you notices of new, revised or changed terms and other important matters by prominently posting notice on the homepage of the Service, or in another reasonable manner that we may elect; and (ii) we may contact you by mail or email sent to the address provided by you. If you have a question regarding using the Service, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links by You to the Service
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Service, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any Trademarks, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with Wild Brain or cause any other confusion or damage our reputation or take advantage of it, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray Wild Brain or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to Wild Brain. Wild Brain reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Service for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
- Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
- Linked Services; Advertisements. The Service may contain links, as part of third-party ads on the Service or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (“Linked Services”), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with Wild Brain. Wild Brain may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Services, and Wild Brain does not assume any obligation to review any Linked Services. Wild Brain does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Services, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Wild Brain is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such Services. Finally, to the extent permitted by law, Wild Brain will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third-party Linked Services. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Services. Wild Brain disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Service (including on or via Linked Services or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Wild Brain disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Wireless and Location-Based Features
- Wireless Features. The Service may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Device. These features and services may include the ability to access the Service’s features and upload content to the Service, receive messages from the Service, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, “Wireless Features”). Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your carrier to participate in Wireless Features. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
- Terms of Wireless Features. With respect to the Wireless Features for which you are registered, we may send communications to your wireless Device regarding us or other parties. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Service for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify us of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number) and update your accounts on the Service to reflect the changes.
- Location–Based Features. If you have enabled GPS, geo-location or other location-based features on any mobile app(s) or feature(s), you acknowledge that your Device location will be tracked and may be shared with others consistent with the Privacy & Cookies Policy. Some mobile app(s) or feature(s) allow for you to disable location-based features or manage preferences related to them. However, you can terminate Device location tracking by us by disinstalling any mobile app(s) or feature(s). The location-based services offered in connection with our mobile app(s) or feature(s) are for individual use only and should not be used or relied on as an emergency locator system, used while driving or operating vehicles, or used in connection with any hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, or any other situation in which the failure or inaccuracy of use of the location-based services could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage. The location-based services are not suited or intended for family finding purposes, fleet tracking, or any other type of business or enterprise use – other products exist today that may be used specifically for these purposes.
- Dispute Resolution (Not applicable to residents of Quebec, Canada)
- First – Try to Resolve Disputes and Excluded Disputes – Applicable to All Users. If any controversy, allegation, or claim arises out of or relates to the Service, the Content, your User-Generated Content, these Terms, or any Additional Terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising (collectively, “Dispute”), or to any of Wild Brain’s actual or alleged intellectual property rights (an “Excluded Dispute”, which includes those actions set forth in Section 10(D)), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 10(A). Your notice to us must be sent via email to email@example.com. For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Wild Brain and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, though nothing will require either you or Wild Brain to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute on terms with respect to which you and Wild Brain, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable. If you reside in the U.S. (and as applicable to U.S. residents), certain portions of this Section 10 are deemed to be a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act. You and Wild Brain agree that we intend that this Section 11 satisfies the “writing” requirement of the Federal Arbitration Act.
(1) Binding Arbitration Applicable to U.S. Residents. If we cannot resolve a Dispute as set forth in Section 11(A) (or agree to arbitration in writing with respect to an Excluded Dispute) within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice, then ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND WILD BRAIN (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, STATUTE, REGULATION, ORDINANCE, TORT— INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FRAUD, ANY OTHER INTENTIONAL TORT OR NEGLIGENCE,—COMMON LAW, CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION, RESPONDEAT SUPERIOR, AGENCY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY), WHETHER ARISING BEFORE OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THESE TERMS, MUST BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. THIS INCLUDES ANY AND ALL DISPUTES BASED ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ADVERTISING AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. For U.S. residents, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), not state law, shall govern the arbitrability of all disputes between WILD BRAIN and you regarding these Terms (and any Additional Terms) and the Service, including the “No Class Action Matters” Section below. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, EACH PARTY IS GIVING UP ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY. WILD BRAIN and you agree, however, that the applicable state, federal or provincial law, as contemplated in Section 11(H) below, shall apply to and govern, as appropriate, any and all claims or causes of action, remedies, and damages arising between you and Wild Brain regarding these Terms and the Service, whether arising or stated in contract, statute, common law, or any other legal theory, without regard to any jurisdiction’s choice of law principles.
Any Dispute will be resolved solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), except as modified herein, and the arbitration will be administered by the AAA. If a party properly submits the Dispute to the AAA for formal arbitration and the AAA is unwilling to set a hearing then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. (“JAMS”) using JAMS’ streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, or by any other arbitration administration service that you and an officer or legal representative of Wild Brain consent to in writing. If an in-person arbitration hearing is required and you are a U.S. resident, then it will be conducted in Los Angeles, California. You and we will pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but if applicable arbitration rules or laws require Wild Brain to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this Section 11 to be enforceable, then Wild Brain will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. The arbitration will be conducted by a single arbitrator who will apply and be bound by these Terms and any Additional Terms, and will determine any Dispute according to applicable law and facts based upon the record and no other basis, and will issue a reasoned award only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration and class action waiver provisions are for the court to decide. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms or the Service. You can obtain AAA and JAMS procedures, rules, and fee information as follows: AAA: 800.778.7879 and http://www.adr.org and JAMS: 800.352.5267 and http://www.jamsadr.com.
(2) Binding Arbitration Applicable to Canadian Residents. In Canada, if a Dispute is not resolved as set forth in Section 10(A), the parties involved in the Dispute may agree to resolve the Dispute using final and binding arbitration. If the parties elect to use arbitration, claims shall be referred to ADR Institute of Canada. For a copy of the procedure to file a claim, or for other information about this organization, contact them as follows: www.adrcanada.ca. If an in-person arbitration hearing is required and you are a Canadian resident, then it will be conducted in Toronto, Ontario and in the English language.
- Limited Time to File Claims Applicable to U.S. Residents. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE (BUT NOT A EXCLUDED DISPUTE) AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(A)) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES — OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED. Commencing means, as applicable: (a) by delivery of written notice as set forth above in Section 10(A); (b) filing for arbitration as set forth in Section 10(B)(1); or (c) filing an action in state, Federal or provincial court.
- Injunctive Relief Applicable to U.S. and Canadian Residents. The foregoing provisions of this Section 10 will not apply to any legal action taken by Wild Brain to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Service, any Content, your User-Generated Content and/or Wild Brain’s intellectual property rights (including such Wild Brain may claim that may be in dispute), Wild Brain’s operations, and/or Wild Brain’s products or services.
- No Class Action Matters Applicable to U.S. Residents. YOU AND WILD BRAIN AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR AS AN ASSOCIATION. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be joined or consolidated with any other arbitrations or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. There shall be no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on any basis involving Disputes brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, or other persons or entities similarly situated. But if, for any reason, any court with competent jurisdiction holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement in Section 10(B)(1) to arbitrate will not apply and the Dispute must be brought exclusively in court pursuant to Section 10(F). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section 10, any and all issues relating to the scope, interpretation and enforceability of the class action waiver provisions contained herein (described in this “No Class Action Matters” section), are to be decided only by a court of competent jurisdiction, and not by the arbitrator. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these class action waiver provisions.
- Jurisdictional Issues Applicable to All Users. Except where arbitration is provided above or with respect to the enforcement of any arbitration decision or award, any action or proceeding relating to any Dispute or Excluded Dispute arising hereunder may only be instituted, if you are a resident of the U.S., in state or Federal court in State of New York in the County of New York, or if residing in Canada, in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in Toronto, Canada. If you are a resident residing in the EU or the EEA, the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any Dispute and Excluded Dispute. Accordingly, you and Wild Brain consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such matters.
- Small Claims Matters Are Excluded from Arbitration Requirement Applicable to All Users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claim of Disputes (but not Excluded Disputes) in small claims court of competent jurisdiction.
- Governing Law. These Terms and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and any Dispute and Excluded Dispute will be resolved in accordance with, if you reside in the United States, the laws of the State of New York, if you reside in Canada, the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, or if you reside in the EU or EEA, the laws of England and Wales, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS
The laws of certain jurisdictions, including Quebec, do not allow the exclusion or limitation of legal warranties and the exclusion or limitation of representations made concerning goods or services. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the below exclusions or limitations may not apply to you and you may have additional rights.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE (OR ANY PART THEREOF) IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN OR IN ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY WILD BRAIN, ITS PARENT COMPANY AND SUBSIDIARIES (EACH A “WILD BRAIN PARTY” AND COLLECTIVELY “WILD BRAIN PARTIES”), TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WILD BRAIN PARTIES HEREBY FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, COLLATERAL OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, OR ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY WILD BRAIN PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOSS PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, FINES, FEES, PENALTIES, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WILD BRAIN BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR OTHERWISE) THAT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WILD BRAIN SERVICES.
U.S. residents further understand and expressly agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW (WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE QUEBEC), IF YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE INCURRED ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, THEN THE LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND INJURIES WILL NOT BE IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR TO OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND. THIS MEANS THAT, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CLAIM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN, ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, CONTENT, USER-GENERATED CONTENT, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY WILD BRAIN (INCLUDING YOUR LICENSED USER-GENERATED CONTENT) OR A LICENSOR OF WILD BRAIN.
- Updates to Terms
- General Provisions
- Wild Brain’s Consent or Approval. As to any provision in these Terms or any Additional Terms that grant Wild Brain a right of consent or approval, or permits Wild Brain to exercise a right in its “sole discretion,” Wild Brain may exercise that right in its sole and absolute discretion. No Wild Brain consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Wild Brain without being in writing and signed by an officer of Wild Brain.
- Indemnity. Subject to applicable law, you agree to, and you hereby, defend, indemnify, and hold Wild Brain Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, and expenses (including attorneys’ or legal fees) that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any Wild Brain Party, or on account of the investigation, defense, or settlement thereof, arising out of or in connection with, whether occurring heretofore or hereafter: (i) your User-Generated Content (including your failure to comply with the Rules set forth in Section 4(B)); (ii) your use of the Service and your activities in connection with the Service; (iii) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms or any Additional Terms; (iv) your violation or alleged violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Service or your activities in connection with the Service; (v) information or material transmitted through your Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (vi) any misrepresentation made by you; and (vii) Wild Brain Parties’ use of the information that you submit to us (including your User-Generated Content) (all of the foregoing, “Claims and Losses”). You will cooperate as fully required by Wild Brain Parties in the defense of any Claims and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Wild Brain Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. Wild Brain Parties reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of a Wild Brain Party.
- Operation of Service; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues. The Service is operated in the European Union, the United States and Canada and is primarily intended for users located in these countries and territories. Wild Brain makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use beyond European Union, the United States and Canada. If you use the Service from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. The Service may describe products and services that are available only in the U.S.A., Canada or EU (or only parts of these countries) and are not available worldwide. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service and/or the provision of any content, program, product, service, or other feature described or available on the Service to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide. You agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms or to any sale of goods carried out as a result of your use of the Services.
- Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. Wherever the word “including” is used in these Terms or any Additional Terms, the word will be deemed to mean “including, without limitation”. The summaries of provisions and section headings are provided for convenience only and shall not limit the full Terms.
- Communications. As permitted by applicable law, when you communicate with us electronically, such as via email and text message, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival. Wild Brain reserves the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its Service security or its information technology or other systems or networks, (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of these Terms and any Additional Terms, (iii) investigate any information obtained by Wild Brain in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws, (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters, (v) prosecute violators of these Terms and any Additional Terms, and (vi) discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to Wild Brain under these Terms or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Service, or upon notice from Wild Brain, all rights granted to you under these Terms or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Service. The provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms (including the terms applicable to User-Generated Content), which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to Wild Brain in these Terms, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
- Assignment. Wild Brain may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Wild Brain.
- No Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Wild Brain in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies hereunder will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. For avoidance of doubt, nothing herein shall be construed to restrict Wild Brain’s right to amend these Terms or any Additional Terms as otherwise permitted in those agreements.
- California Consumer Rights. Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 400 R St., Suite 1080, Sacramento, California, 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
- Connectivity. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed for your access to and use of the Service and you will be responsible for all charges related to them.
- Terms Applicable For Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows
If you are accessing or using the Service through a Device manufactured and/or sold by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”, with such a device herein referenced as an “Apple Device”):
(i) To the extent that you are accessing the Service through an Apple Device, you acknowledge that these Terms are entered into between you and Wild Brain and, that Apple is not a party to these Terms other than as third-party beneficiary as contemplated below.
(ii) The license granted to you in Section 1 of these Terms is subject to the permitted Usage Rules set forth in the Apple App Store Terms and Conditions (see: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html) and any third party terms of agreement applicable to the Service.
(iii) You acknowledge that Wild Brain, and not Apple, is responsible for providing the Service and Content thereof.
(iv) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or any support services to you with respect to the Service.
(v) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service.
(vi) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in these Terms, you acknowledge that, solely as between Apple and Wild Brain, Wild Brain and not Apple is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the Service, or your possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to: (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(vii) Further, you agree that if the Service, or your possession and use of the Service, infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
(viii) You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
(ix) When using the Service, you agree to comply with any and all third-party terms that are applicable to any platform, website, technology or service that interacts with the Service.
(x) You represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
If you are accessing or using the Service through a Device manufactured and/or sold by Microsoft (“Microsoft”, with such a device herein referenced as a “Microsoft Device”):
(i) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, you may download, stream, install and use one copy of the Service on up to the number of Microsoft Devices that are associated with your Microsoft account you personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with Your Windows Phone Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of the Service on a Microsoft Device you do not own or control.
(ii) You acknowledge and agree that neither Microsoft, nor the manufacturer of your Microsoft Device(s), shall have any responsibility to provide to you any known applicable maintenance or support services in connection with your use of the Service.
(iii) SUBJECT TO AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF SECTION 12, MICROSOFT’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE INITIAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICE.
© 2018 Wild Brain Family International Limited. All Rights Reserved.